Dangit, Gabriel! You were supposed to let me know in a comment about this meme thang. I have been tagged to share eight random facts about myself by my dear friend Gabriel at Modern Fabulousity.
1. All right, here are the rules.
2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
4. People who are tagged write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
You know the tricky part? Thinking up eight facts I haven't already shared with you guys. Let's see...
1. My first sentence was "Do it the self." It was the beginning of my lifelong insistence on going my own way. This philosophy has led to more badly assembled furniture, hours spent driving around searching for an address, last-minute scrambles and lower-back pain than I can accurately recount.
2. I believe that dogs are the embodiment of pure good. (Especially big dogs that lope around a lot.)
3. Every Friday, I go to a dance class at my gym and leave looking and smelling as if I had been baptized in sweat. Then I get take-away cheese fries from the Outback and have a lovely artery-clogging dinner.
4. I know I should be more social and outgoing, that the most meaningful memories are those we form in the company of other people. But dammit, I like puttering around on the computer and watching bad TV in my jammies.
5. I am a dancing fool. I love to dance, and if I do say so, I'm pretty good at it. I'll listen to songs I love and mentally choreograph them. I sometimes wonder whether I could've become a competent professional dancer if I'd gotten training early on (beyond the obligatory year or so of ballet every suburban girl gets). I like to retroactively career-counsel myself like that.
6. I love organizing stuff. I watch shows like Mission Organization and neat all the time; I get a sort of mellow buzz from sorting items into lists, bins and categories; I work jigsaw puzzles in my spare time and feel comforted by the act of turning chaos into order. Seriously. I love that shit.
7. J got me a hybrid bike for my birthday last month and I've just fallen in love with it. The last time I got a bike for my birthday, I was 10 years old. I'd forgotten how much damn fun they are!
8. I owe just about everyone I know at least one apology. If you know me, and you're reading this, and you're thinking, "Nah, she doesn't owe me an apology," please don't think about it too much more. You might remember something.
Now, to spread the meme-age to eight more blogs...